Wednesday, February 03, 2016

The Review

So like it or not, today was review day.  How did it go?

Surprisingly well.  In fact, the best review I have ever had here.

A promotion (for the first time to a new level in 14 years).  And a pretty decent raise.  And 101% of the possible bonus.

Only negative in the review?  Not really a negative, but it is desired that I take more of a leadership role (which has already been added to my list of goals for myself anyway). Other than that, well done, good job, keep it up.

As I said, best review I have had in seven years.  Strangely gratifying after all these years.  14 years is a long drought, a very long drought indeed.

Sure, the bar is set high.  Sure, I will have to really push if I want to get close to this next year.  But for one moment, there was a brief sense that after a really long while, someone finally noticed.

And that is the best feeling in the world.

6 comments:

  1. Dennis7:19 AM

    Now that is awesome my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir! Actually very satisfying. Perhaps your good fortune is rubbing off on me.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! You've been due this for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The lesson here is patience, I suppose.

      Delete
  3. it really IS the best feeling in the world! and i am really glad that you got promoted, got your bonus and have extra duties! that is a very good thing!

    congrats TB! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kymber! Mind you, I am pretty much still doing exactly what I was doing the day before yesterday. But the whole package is a much needed boost. It also gives me some sense that the plan I have put in place for the next 2-3 years is the right one to follow.

      Much Love TB

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!