Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy 2015

So a very happy 2015 to you all.

This was perhaps the quietest New Year we have had in some number of years:  it was us and a couple friends and two of three Na Clann.  No games, no videos, no "Count Down from New York":  just food and good conversation.  Add to that a cold front and heavy rain that prevented the usual post New Year's recreation of a battlefield and it was a very quiet New Year's indeed.

Which was quite alright.  Over the years we have done all kinds of great things:  had numerous mystery parties, had game nights, watched various children shout and scream, set off fireworks ourselves.  Actually, the sort of event we had last night was possibly the first we have had like that in years.

A theme of this holiday season, I suppose.  The whole period I have had off - from the 24th to the 5th when all is said and done - has been one of low key events and doings.  Things have gotten done, but not with the seeming hustle and bustle that have come in years past.

That will change soon enough.  My goals need to be ready by Monday - and from what I see, they are aggressive (last year's were as well).  I think I am going to break them out into two sets this year to help me:  one for the standard things I usually do (personal, professional, financial, spiritual, etc.)  and one for Ichiryo Gusoku related things (I need to track this differently and more appropriately).

But that is for this weekend.  For now, I think I simply spend the rest of the day as I started this year:  low key, armed with my toast and tea and reading material,

And dreams.  Always the dreams of what is to come this year.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well Preppy. It is going to be a good year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!